About the Corona Virus COVID-19
Dear parents and families:
At SJ Karate Oklahoma continue to monitor the coronavirus situation and take precautionary measures to keep the children in our academy safe
In the coming weeks, know that we will maintain close contact with the Tulsa Department of Health, the Tulsa Area Emergency Management Agency and the Oklahoma State Department of Health. When we receive information indicating a possible exposure to COVID-19 or a positive test or suspected positive test for COVID-19, our first immediate action is to seek expert guidance from these departments. These departments direct us on what actions we should take and what information we should communicate.
It is possible that some of you may still have travel plans for spring break, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have issued the following post-trip health precautions only for Tier 2 and 3:
Stay home for 14 days from the time you left the area and avoid contact with others.
Take your temperature with a thermometer twice a day and monitor your fever. Also watch for a cough or trouble breathing.
- Do not take public transportation, taxis, or rides.
- Avoid crowded places (like shopping malls and movie theaters) and limit your activities in public.
- Keep your distance from others (about six feet).
At this time, it is unclear how easy or sustainable this virus is spreading among people. Coronaviruses are generally spread through:
- Cough or sneeze
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching a virus surface, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands
You can prevent infection by doing the following:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol based disinfectants (60% alcohol or more) when hand washing is not available
- Help your son wash their hands well.
- Do not leave your sick child at academic and stay home when sick
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough and sneeze
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu symptoms.
If you have cold or flu symptoms, you should:
- Follow local procedures: Contact your doctor, as appropriate, and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water and clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
Starting Monday, March 16 at the SJ Karate Oklahoma Academy:
– We will continue with the training schedule in the established schedule.
– Variations in training will be carried out to comply with sanitary norms and suggestions for the prevention of COVID-19 with respect to distancing.
– Social distancing (no hugs / handshakes) and safe general hygiene (handwashing, coughing, sneezing or other) will be maintained
– We will minimize contact with potentially contaminated surfaces.
– Constantly during training, all athletes will be reminded of safety measures.
– The training will be aimed at Kata, Kihon techniques and static combat techniques.
SJ Karate Oklahoma will be reviewing and updating information about COVID-19 and will be notified immediately if there are any changes.
Posted on: 14 March, 2020, by : sjosk